By Steven D. Hales
- Features unique contributions from some of the top figures engaged on numerous facets of relativism
- Presents a considerable, huge diversity of present pondering relativism
- Addresses relativism from some of the significant subfields of philosophy, together with philosophy of language, epistemology, ethics, philosophy of technology, good judgment, and metaphysics
Read Online or Download A Companion to Relativism (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar metaphysics books
Oxford reports in Metaphysics is the discussion board for the simplest new paintings during this flourishing box. a lot of the main fascinating paintings in philosophy this present day is metaphysical in personality: this new sequence is a much-needed concentration for it. OSM bargains a wide view of the topic, that includes not just the routinely crucial subject matters equivalent to life, identification, modality, time, and causation, but in addition the wealthy clusters of metaphysical questions in neighbouring fields, akin to philosophy of brain and philosophy of technological know-how.
What are the main basic gains of the realm? Do minds stand outdoor the average order? Is a unified photo of psychological and actual truth attainable? The brain in Nature offers a staunchly realist account of the area as a unified procedure incorporating either the psychological and the actual. C. B. Martin, an unique and influential exponent of 'ontologically severe' metaphysics, echoes Locke's dictum that 'all issues that exist are just particulars', andargues that homes are strong traits.
Natural: Modernity, Philosophy, and the single is an experimental paintings of philosophy during which the writer aspires to imagine his as far back as a "premodern" worldview derived from the philosophical culture of Platonism. To this finish he makes an attempt to spot and elucidate the elemental highbrow assumptions of modernity and to topic those assumptions to a severe review from the viewpoint of Platonic metaphysics.
A obra Filosofia Concreta, publicada originalmente em 1957, estabelece o modo de filosofar do escritor e pensador brasileiro Mário Ferreira dos Santos. Ele considera a filosofia como ciência rigorosa, aceitando o que é demonstrado e não o problemático e provável. Esta edição traz ainda um CD com trechos de aulas de Mário sobre temas relacionados à filosofia concreta, gravados por seus alunos na década de 1960.
- From an Ontological Point of View
- In Search of Being: The Fourth Way to Consciousness
- Knowledge of Time & Space: An Inquiry into Knowledge, Self & Reality (Time, Space & Knowledge Series)
- International Yearbook for Hermeneutics / Internationales Jahrbuch für Hermeneutik: Volume 15: Focus: Humanism / Band 15: Schwerpunkt: Humanismus
Extra resources for A Companion to Relativism (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)