By Dan Pallotta
Virtually every little thing our society has been taught approximately charity is backwards. We deny the social area the power to develop as a result of our short-sighted call for that it ship each momentary buck into direct prone. but if the sphere can't develop, it will probably by no means fit the size of our nice social difficulties. within the face of this challenge, the sphere has remained silent, defenseless, and disorganized. In Charity Case, Pallotta proposes a visionary resolution: a Charity security Council to re-educate the general public and provides charities the liberty they should clear up our so much urgent social issues.
- Proposes concrete steps for the way a countrywide Charity protection Council will remodel the general public realizing of the humanitarian region, together with: construction an anti-defamation league and felony safeguard for the sphere, making a sizeable nationwide ongoing advert crusade to improve public literacy approximately giving, and finally enacting a countrywide Civil Rights Act for Charity and Social Enterprise
- From Dan Pallotta, popular builder of social events and inventor of the multi-day charity occasion (including the AIDS Rides and Breast melanoma 3-Days) that has cumulatively raised over $1.1 billion for serious social causes
- The hotly-anticipated follow-up to Pallotta’s groundbreaking ebook Uncharitable
Grounded in Pallotta’s transparent imaginative and prescient and deep social zone adventure, Charity Case is an interesting warning call for solving the tradition that thwarts our charities’ skill to alter the world.
Read Online or Download Charity Case: How the Nonprofit Community Can Stand Up For Itself and Really Change the World PDF
Best nonprofit organisations & charities books
A blueprint for a countrywide management move to remodel the way in which the general public thinks approximately giving nearly every thing our society has been taught approximately charity is backwards. We deny the social zone the facility to develop as a result of our short-sighted call for that it ship each non permanent buck into direct companies.
Philanthropy is far and wide. In 2013, within the usa on my own, a few $330 billion used to be recorded in giving, from huge donations through the rich right down to casual giving circles. we have a tendency to consider philanthropy as unequivocally stable, yet because the members to this booklet exhibit, philanthropy is usually an workout of strength.
The Nonprofit Almanac, 9th variation, thoroughly up to date to incorporate the newest information available,assembles into one compact and well-organized quantity an available and reader-friendly bible of knowledge on America’s remarkable and quickly starting to be civic area. in lots of situations, the knowledge disguise spans of ten years or extra, making an allowance for an in depth retrospective examine tendencies within the zone.
This e-book describes how non-profit enterprises (NPOs) converse what they represent, sign luck and reveal sustainability so one can persuade stakeholders to supply crucial assets. studies on highbrow capital provide a helpful process. in line with empirical examine, the publication highlights the basic assets for NPOs and at the call for imposed on firms, in addition to the dependencies of these assets and calls for.
- Scaling Up (Dominando los Hábitos de Rockefeller 2.0): Cómo es que Algunas Compañías lo Logran…y Por qué las Demás No (Spanish Edition)
- CSR und Innovationsmanagement: Gesellschaftliche Verantwortung als Innovationstreiber und Wettbewerbsvorteil (Management-Reihe Corporate Social Responsibility) (German Edition)
- Major Donors: Finding Big Gifts in Your Database and Online
- Endangered Economies: How the Neglect of Nature Threatens Our Prosperity
Additional resources for Charity Case: How the Nonprofit Community Can Stand Up For Itself and Really Change the World