By Janice Gow Pettey
elevating cash in brand new various groups is a turning out to be problem for fundraisers and philanthropists, requiring considerate suggestions, profitable collaborations, and a deferential knowing of people's differences.
during this groundbreaking new ebook, the writer examines brand new 4 significant ethnic groups-African American, Asian American, Hispanic/Latino, and local American-in phrases in their various histories, traditions, and motivations, after which applies this knowledge to the confirmed parts of profitable fundraising. the result's a well timed and demanding examine how fundraisers can use an knowing of ethnic variations to create a colourful and balanced nonprofit heart via either person and collective efforts.
In transparent, easy-to-understand language, Cultivating variety in Fundraising solutions the subsequent severe questions:
* who're various donors?
* What are their charitable traditions and interests?
* What fundraising equipment might be winning in different communities?
* What can fundraisers do to incorporate extra range in fundraising efforts?
Designed as a consultant to fundraising in addition to a strategic replace for latest fundraisers, this ebook could be required examining for an individual operating in modern-day nonprofit sector.
Read Online or Download Cultivating Diversity in Fundraising (The AFP/Wiley Fund Development Series) PDF
Best nonprofit organisations & charities books
A blueprint for a countrywide management stream to remodel the best way the general public thinks approximately giving almost every thing our society has been taught approximately charity is backwards. We deny the social area the facility to develop as a result of our short-sighted call for that it ship each temporary buck into direct prone.
Philanthropy is all over. In 2013, within the usa on my own, a few $330 billion used to be recorded in giving, from huge donations by way of the rich right down to casual giving circles. we have a tendency to contemplate philanthropy as unequivocally sturdy, yet because the individuals to this ebook exhibit, philanthropy is additionally an workout of strength.
The Nonprofit Almanac, 9th version, thoroughly up-to-date to incorporate the newest information available,assembles into one compact and well-organized quantity an available and reader-friendly bible of knowledge on America’s striking and speedily starting to be civic zone. in lots of instances, the information conceal spans of ten years or extra, making an allowance for a close retrospective examine traits within the region.
This booklet describes how non-profit enterprises (NPOs) converse what they represent, sign luck and reveal sustainability to be able to persuade stakeholders to supply crucial assets. studies on highbrow capital supply a useful technique. in response to empirical study, the ebook highlights the fundamental assets for NPOs and at the call for imposed on firms, in addition to the dependencies of these assets and calls for.
- Managing at the Leading Edge: New Challenges in Managing Nonprofit Organizations
- Going For Impact The Nonprofit Director's Essential Guidebook: What to Know, Do and Not Do based on a veteran director’s ample field experience
- Brandraising: How Nonprofits Raise Visibility and Money Through Smart Communications
- The Marketing Doctor’s Survival Notes: A Collection of Tips, Techniques for Survival from the Trenches of Corporate and Non-profit Marketing
- Die Rolle von Auszeichnungen zur Anerkennung und Motivation: Eine empirische Analyse der Freiwilligenarbeit in der Deutschschweiz (BestMasters) (German Edition)
- Footprints in Aggieland: Remembrances of a Veteran Fundraiser
Extra resources for Cultivating Diversity in Fundraising (The AFP/Wiley Fund Development Series)